Children's bodies grow and develop in relatively short periods of time. For most children, the process is effortless and measured simply in how fast they outgrow their clothes or toys. Sometimes, however, an acute injury, such as a fracture or congenital problem, can interrupt the normal developmental process. Whether the problem is a speech disorder, like stuttering, an orthopedic injury or a developmental disorder, it is crucial that it be treated effectively and with special consideration for the needs and concerns associated with caring for a child.
The pediatric therapy team at Randolph Health has the clinical expertise to understand the growing and changing needs of children and will treat all children as if they were our own.
Pediatric Therapy Services
Our pediatric therapy staff specializes in:
- Evaluation and treatment of orthopedic conditions and gait abnormalities.
- Evaluation and treatment of feeding and swallowing disorders.
- Pediatric speech therapy. Our therapists can assess and treat speech and language disorders, including stuttering and voice disorders.
- Customized therapy for children with developmental disorders and disabilities, such as autism, cerebral palsy and Down syndrome.
- Assessment and treatment of reading and writing disorders.
- Assessment and treatment of neurological disorders and muscle imbalance.
- Individualized therapy for children with impairments in fine and gross motor skills and activities of daily living.
- Customized foot exams and orthotics.