If you've had orthopedic surgery or an injury requiring orthopedic care, the rehabilitation team at Randolph Health can help you recover and regain lost function.
Orthopedic rehabilitation is a comprehensive program designed not only to reduce the effects of an injury or orthopedic problem but to prevent it from returning. Our program is designed for those who require postsurgical or nonsurgical back and neck care or who have sustained a fracture, undergone joint replacement or amputation, or have an arthritic condition resulting in challenges to mobility.
Our Therapists and Specialties
The orthopedic rehabilitation staff includes physical therapists and occupational therapists who specialize in:
- Assessment and treatment of injuries of the foot, ankle, shoulder, knee, spine, hip, wrist, hand and elbow.
- Advanced evaluations and treatment of musculoskeletal problems, such as sports injuries and workplace injuries.
- Evaluation and treatment of back and neck injuries and educational programs on back and neck care.
- Advanced manual therapy/mobilization of the back and neck and extremities.
- Advanced therapeutic treatments, including aquatic therapy.
- Educational seminars and in-service training on avoiding injury at work, home or while playing sports.
- Development of biomechanical braces and supports for the foot, custom sports braces, and athletic pads.
Orthopedic rehabilitation programs and treatments include but are not limited to: stretching exercises, strengthening exercises, passive stretching and joint mobilizations, balance/proprioception, and other techniques to decrease swelling, increase circulation and reduce healing times.