What Should I Bring?
To help facilitate a smooth admission into the hospital, whether an inpatient or outpatient, you should consider bringing the following items:
- A form of personal identification, such as a driver's license, a copy of your birth certificate or a Social Security card
- Your physician order form. If your physician did not supply you with an order form, please know your physician's name and number and the type of procedure you are having performed.
- Your health insurance information
- Information regarding whom to contact in case of an emergency
- A complete list of all medication you take, including name of drug, dosage and frequency
- An advance directive or healthcare power of attorney information if you have one
There are certain items that are best left at home when being admitted to the hospital, such as jewelry, large amounts of cash and other valuables. If these items are inadvertently with you upon admission, we do have a safe in which valuables may be placed.