Medical Alert is a personal emergency response service that provides participants with on-call help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whenever you need help, one press of your lightweight, waterproof button activates the Medical Alert Console, a small in-home unit.
The Medical Alert Console dials the Response Center and puts you in touch with a professionally trained operator who asks what kind of help you need. If it's not an emergency, the operator calls one of your personal responders—a family member or neighbor—who will come to help you. If your call is an emergency, the operator will call for professional help immediately.
Landline, cellular and mobile units are available. Fall detection pendants are also available.
Medical Alert services provide benefits for:
- Anyone living alone
- Individuals of all age groups
- Cardiac patients/cardiac rehabilitation patients
- Physical rehabilitation patients
- People with a history of falls
- People with ongoing medical conditions
- Handicapped or disabled individuals
- People recovering from surgery
- New or expectant mothers